Friday, March 27, 2009

American Idol and Politics


It was very believable when Simon Cowell said on Leno that Obama had called and wanted to have dinner with him, but he didn't have time. "Our diaries didn't quite match", he said. In fact, it was reported as news until Thursday's show. My guess is that someone from the White House called Fox to demand that they clarify on the show that Simon was just kidding. Not even Simon Cowell can get away with snubbing Obama.

Then there was that marvelous performance by Stevie Wonder. I didn't catch it the first time through, but when I watched it again, Stevie sang praises to Obama. Just before he brought out that famous harmonica, he shouted "I love you Barack Obama". Then a few seconds later, he said "It's all about positivity". Ok, I agree, we should all be more positive. I'm just wondering why this spirit of love and cooperation wasn't around when W. was president. The rules change when their guy is in office.

I really wish entertainers would keep their political views to themselves. I used to love Barbera Streisand's music. I still love the music, but now, every time I hear her sing, all of this liberal goblety gook comes along in the refrain. It's like I mentioned before about Michael Jackson. Whenever I hear his music, I have to set aside all I know about him in order to enjoy the music.

Anyway, I do believe these people have received their talent from God. Blessing people with wonderful talents provides enjoyment for all of God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment