Thursday, March 26, 2009

Profile JJ on Criminal Minds


Criminal Minds has been one of my favorite shows from the very first season. I was wondering how the show could survive without Jason, but it still has me hooked. I missed JJ while she was on maternity leave, and I'm glad she is back. I started to wonder about this beautiful actress, and what other projects she is involved in. Of course, I turned to Wikipedia, and found her "profile". Her real name is AJ Cook. I'll bet there are some slip ups when switching back and forth between her character, JJ, and her real name AJ. I swear I have heard her called AJ a time or 2 on the show. I was surprised to find that she is a member of the LDS Church, as am I. All in all, she seems like a solid citizen, and I wish her well in her career.

If there is one thing I don't like about Criminal Minds, it is the sometimes graphic photos and crime scenes. I wish they would just leave all of that out. What I really enjoy is watching them identify the unsub as they develop their profiles. The identification and classification of human behaviors has always been fascinating to me.

Do you think there are any "real" Garcia's out there. It is amazing the amount of information she can get in such a short time. I'm sure in real life, there are teams of Garcia's. I doubt any one person could do what she does as well and as fast as she does it. Of course, this is TV, and everything has to be done in less than an hour.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the graphic crime scenes. I'm a crime-drama junkie, but I have a really hard time watching Criminal Minds sometimes because it gets so gruesome.

    ReplyDelete